Ayurveda helps you plan an ideal Diet.
Pre BreakFast 2 Glasses of warm water, followed by one fruit.
Breakfast 2 Wholegrain tomato- cucumber, green chutney toast / a bowl of oats made with water and skimmed milk sweetened with 3 spoons of raisins / oats or upma made with vegetables.
Mid Breakfast and Lunch 3 Glass of water, if hungry a piece of fresh fruit/ 20 pistas / 7 almonds.Lunch
1 big bowl( 250 ml cup) vegetables salad, 1 big bowl cooked vegetable, 2 small oil free chapatti/ 1 small bowl cooked brown rice/ 1 small bowl whole wheat pasta( protein option) 1 small bowl of sprouts/ 1 small katori of either Dal, chole, or Rajma/ 1 small katori of vegetable sambhar/ 60 gm light tofu/ 1 bowl low fat Dahi. You can opt 2-3 eggs white/ 100 gms grilled chicken Breast/ 100 gm fish.
Mid lunch and Dinner ( Snacks)
One or Two Pieces of fresh fruit/ 4 pieces of any dry fruit like dates, prunes, apricots/ a fistful of raisins/ 12 almonds/ 30 pistas/ 1 bowl of boiled corns/ 1 to 2 handful roasted Murmura mixed with cucumber, tomatoes, onion, coriander and Bhel chutney.
Have at least 5 glass of water between lunch and dinner.
1 big bowl of salad , a big bowl of vegetables or clear vegetable soup. No oil, butter, milk or cream, Grain or protein you can choose from lunch.
Do’s and Dont’s
- No more then 3 spoons oil for whole day.
- Add 1 table spoon of flax seed every day
- You can mix it in Salads too
- Drink at least 2.5 to 3 liters of Plain water daily, depending upon your daily routine and exercise.
- No fruit juices , eat the fruits.
- Satisfy your sweet urge with fruits and dry fruits. You can also have a bowl of Dahi with raisins .
- Exercise daily for 40 minutes.
- Eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full.